Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Wednesday Wisdom

 


Be Happy. Smile. Be fearless. Most importantly be you. 
You’re unique and special. No one will ever replace you.






 I finished They Call Her Dirty SallyI've been trying to put my thoughts together on this book, I'm having a very hard time.  First of all, my heart goes out to the title character, she endured so much in her life.  Because of her I stayed with this story until the very end, which I'm glad I did.  The events that happened were believable, but far fetched.  Just in case you decide to read it I'm going to stop my review here.  I would give this book ☆☆☆.



I've already started a new book and it's going to be a good one.  I had a hard time putting it down last night.  His Secret Daughter, just the title alone tells the whole story.  Although this incident wasn't the best thing to happen in life, I feel this story line is going to be one of forgiveness and compassion.

Not Noah. Not my husband. But there he is, unconscious in the hospital bed. Our daughter sobs into my shoulder. We love him so much. What if he never wakes up? And who is the little girl beside him, gazing up at us with big, tear-filled brown eyes? Eyes that look just like my husband’s…


I still haven't been working on my cross stitch and  I really need it finished. At the rate I'm going St Pat's Day will come and go before I'm done. {{sigh}}


Until Next Time


 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I've had Dirty Sally on my wish list, but maybe I should wait til it's available at the library or on Audible. Thanks for these candid reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to the thrift store this afternoon and I have a list of authors whose books I'd like to find. I just added the 2 you mention. I hope you find time to work on your cross stitch. It would be lovely to have it done in time for St Patrick's Day. gM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true!! Contented people are happy people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about a quarter into Dirty Sally and am having a hard time keeping up with the characters and each chapter being a different point of view. I'm hanging in there because of YOU!! LOL I enjoyed your post and LOVE WInnie's wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!